Add Your Wii U User Name

• Retromags Curator

There are finally no Friends Codes with the Wii U. However, the problem is that if you send a request to someone to add you to their friends list, they do not get a notification.

So for those of you who have a Wii U, why not add yours here, and then people can let you know when they've sent you a request?

Mine is Ferkner.

• 3 months later...

I have one but like the 3DS it won't let me online unless I update. Something I don't really care for after dealing with so much PS3 nonsense. And because I only have 2 games it hasn't been on since I finished Skyward Sword and Nin Land. Oh wait, I might have played Kirby too. In any case if I can add friends the next time I use it I'll try to remember this post.

Enh, when I boot a console I'm ready to play a game, not sit through an hour long DL. Sony started removing things, I couldn't care much less about new features since I only use the gaming part of a console (and not even the VC as I still have all my old carts and platforms), and there's always the outside chance of something bricking. I don't think I've ever updated the U, maybe the 3DS once, was offline on PS3 for about a year when they messed with the Linux models, my PSP is still on 1.50 and hasn't been used since games stopped working, and the Vita also maybe once.

I wish they would limit those useless things to once or twice a year. It would give them time to offer an actual change instead of nothing and call it a stability update.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heh, I just started playing Mario U and I still haven't bothered to update. Actually the game refused to start until I updated so instead I deleted my connection and the game let me start without it. My Vita is offline too because of damned updates. Why can't they just stop...

That's what they both say, but I've yet to see anything good. PS3 has actually gotten a bit worse because of it. The 'new' PSN shop sucks and everyone knows about the lost features. These need to be made optional. I mean the 3DS never asks me to update when the wifi is off.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just got my Wii U the other day as a Birthday present. :-) I got the Black 32GB, Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land Bundle. Pretty sweet, those games are so much fun. Super Mario 3D World is like a combination of Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) and Super Mario World (SNES). Think I'll pick up The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD soon.

I don't mind going online. It was a bummer downloading the big update when I first hooked up my system. But I need my game demos and Virtual Console games! My Nintendo Network ID is ctophil555.

Yeah, for some reason the Wii U I got had like Software Version 1 on there, and they are up to Version 5 now. So I had to update in order to do anything. I assume that Nintendo keeps the same protocols (such as software versions) when manufacturing new consoles since launch date. From what I understand, hardware manufacturers only change software versions when they do a revision of the console's hardware (like when introducing a new model #). I'm familiar with this due to repairing consoles for the past 15 years.

• 1 year later...

Lol. I still haven't updated anything. I've since finished a couple more games including Kart 8, not going online once. What I occasionally wonder is when I get around to playing Smash or Splatoon how much content will I end up skipping because it wasn't on the original disc.

Of course someone will wonder why and it's because I don't like to pay for DLC. Oh it's free? Then I probably don't have the extra time. Fact is I have a stack of unplayed games for PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, and Vita. DLC has been keeping my completion percentage a lot lower than it should be. When given the choice of paying for DLC to stick with a game for a few more days, or going to choose something new, I tend to go with option B.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...