E-Day's Work In Progress

E-Day

Ya scan the last 4 pages of 86. And eday can post that issue! I knew you were likely to have it. Also I'll be posting a list of some flawed pages with stuff cut out from the scans we have shortly in a week or two . Hopefully you can grab some of those as well.

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

Yeah, that last four pages of Issue 86. So from the Nuke.com ad to the back cover.

And an hour to debind a perfect bound magazine? How exactly are you doing it? It takes me a few minutes at most. Whether I use a box cutter and ruler to cut the spine away, or the method I have used lately, which is to pull off the front cover and spine, and the pull the pages away from the glued spine. I find that while I don't get a smooth edge like I would cutting, I get 99.9% of the entire page, including the part you don't see in the spine. So it gives me more wiggle room when cropping the sides. But that still only takes me a few minutes :)

• Like 1

I do it your modern-method way, but because of "glue barriers" I take my time. You notice how once you've broken the inside away from the cover there often appear to be sections/groups of pages, and at those break points the glue sometimes bled onto the page? You can't always get a clean tear at that point, so I bend the spine back and forth, lay it flat under a board with a brick on top for a while, then come back to it.

I guess an hour might be on the high end like that December 1994 EGM since it was over 400 pages, but since I'm going for as-close-to-perfect facing-page ad spread recreations I suppose I'm being over-cautious lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 70 May 1995 is now available.

Up next: Not sure yet. I think it's time for a short break from EGM and time to scan something else. The June 2005 issue of Tips & Tricks, and the June 1998 issue of Ultra Game Players. I am just not sure which will be first :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

So scan #183 turns out to be the final issue of Ultra Game Players, Issue 111 June 1998. Scan #196 (found more stuff I had scanned when fixing Game Players) will probably be Tips & Tricks from June 2005, unless EGM May 1997 goes up first. It depends on how quickly the issues with Tips & Tricks numbering issue is fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

If I were to throw a bunch of issues of PSM at you guys, where on the backburner schedule would they fall?

I really, really, really don't want to get rid of my PSMs, but every day I grow just a weeee bit more tempted to sacrifice them for the greater good.

I have a bunch of PSM magazines and I have no emotional attachment to them. So let me inventory my stuff first before you sacrifice yours.

• Like 2

I have a bunch of PSM magazines and I have no emotional attachment to them. So let me inventory my stuff first before you sacrifice yours.

Very cool to know, and I appreciate the gesture. Let me know which ones you have when you've got the time, I still may be able to fill in some blanks if they appear.

Hope I didn't come across as overly dramatic. PSM just happened to be the magazine that was with me during some really great times. Kind of the last remaining relic of the good old days.

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

EGM Issue 95 June 1997 is now available. It is also the first scan I have done using the Auto Document Feeder on my HP Laser Multifunction. I think it turned out great, so I will be using it for most scans in the future. That should speed up the task of getting through my stack of magazines to scan.

Up next: EGM Issue 96 July 1997 (scan #208).

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 2

• Retromags Curator

The only downside is that I had to crop a bit more on some pages than others if they went through more crooked if I couldn't fill in the area with the healing brush or clone stamp, but otherwise everything else was the same. So it looks like I can keep doing it this way and get through my stack quicker.

• Retromags Curator

I don't think I've ever seen issue 96 of EGM. That cover brings no feeling of recognition at all. I mean, beyond playing Fighting Force a bunch. :)

Edited to add: OK, now that I've read this one, I REALLY cannot wait to see issue 96 if there's a Deathtrap Dungeon feature! :)

*huggles*
Areala