Star Wars 8 The Last Jedi

Data

As you may know Star Wars Episode 8 The Last Jedi will be in theaters on December 15 2017.

I'm going to speculate on what is to come in this next installment of the franchise.  There will be spoilers and this is an open discussion using what I know so far.

The title "The Last Jedi" kind of suggests that Jedi are endangered.  It doesn't tell me if Jedi is plural or singular.

When Rey battled Rylo in episode 7, Rylo was still in training to become a dark Jedi.  We find out that Rylo is Han and Leia's son but we arn't told much about Rey.  It seems pretty obvious that Rey is Luke's daughter because of her natural strength with the force and also because of some traits I noticed.
I think Luke trained Rylo but for some reason Rylo turned heal and did some evil stuff.  Luke then goes into hiding like Yoda once did.

I think Luke is going to train his daughter Rey in episode 8 and then Rey will have another encounter with Rylo or possibly someone darker.  Like all Jedi, one must lose a hand or a limb at some point in battle and just because our protagonist is a girl doesn't mean she should get away with being a Mary Sue.

Luke will die in episode 9 like Kenobi did and then his Force Ghost will Join Han, Leia and the rest of the cast in the final act.

Anakin lost a hand to a Sith and then later he lost both legs and an arm to Kenobi.

TGgifuv.png

The emporer saves Anakin's mangled and burned wreck and is reborn as the half machine Darth Vader.
Vader seeks revenge on Kenobi and amputates his torso from his stumps.
Later, Luke gets his hand cut off from Vader but manages to survive.

t3oxrOO.png

In Jedi Returns, Luke retaliates by amputating Vader's hand.  In Episode 7 Rey manages to survive her encounter with Rylo but I think she is going to face real injury in episode 8.  The question is, what is she going to have amputated?

8Cnxg9i.png