Error Downloading

daven000

The past two days of attempting to download magazines has resulted in an error message after I finish downloading 3 things. I get a message that says "Sorry, you don't have permission for that! You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete." I got the error message yesterday after the 3rd magazine was done downloading, I waited a whole day, and then today I get the same exact message after another 3 downloads. I had no problems downloading 5 per day as a newbie. It's only since hitting member status that this error has happened.

On an semi-related note: I was looking into earning Patron status to bypass all this download limit business, and I had a question about indexing magazines. Do I just click 'Edit Issue' on a magazine page and put the info in there and that's it? Does the site log my edits automatically, or do I have to show an admin what stuff I edited before getting Patron status?

• Retromags Curator

Newcomers are set to be allowed to download one file at at a time and five downloads a day. Members are set to be able to download 3 magazines at a time and 15 per day. I don''t know why you guys are running into these issues unless you are trying to download more at once than is set, so I have forwarded the issue to Phillyman since he is far more familiar with the forum software than I am. From the settings I see, you guys shouldn't be having problems.

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me, except I got that error message after 1 download.

Same thing with me; the error message populated after my first download (when I tried to make a second download after the first was completely downloaded):

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#10863]

You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete

I've started getting the same issue about 1 week ago. Now the site only allows to download 1 file a day, then gives the "You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete" message.

Kind of seems like it erroneously thinks the 1st download did not complete?

• Retromags Curator

Alright I made some more changes, very odd. I relaxed the limit, are any of you guys using VPN connections, because some of you are coming out of way different IP ranges each day. Don't worry about your time limit if you are a Patron, I can always extend you more time.

-Rob

• Retromags Curator

Dammit Philly, you're too fast for me.  Moments after posting I deleted my post after realizing my mistake, but you already responded.  Crazy.

...and now you deleted your post.

sigh. 

I'll wait a minute and delete this one, too.

And then I realized that you realized and deleted your post, so I deleted the post that I saw you deleted that was quoted but had been deleted, which I promptly deleted, but it was far too late :P

• Like 1

Working again; able to download 5 as before. Thanks!

I do intermittently use VPN for surfing/downloading from other sites. Typically I don't use the VPN for retromags for downloading though, but there have been a few times where the VPN was connected and I downloaded from retromags. Not sure if that had some effect?

Still not working. I tried downloading multiple files at once this time as opposed to getting them one at a time. Turns out I can only download 3 magazines at a time, and my daily d/l limit capped out at 3 total downloads.

At this point I was better off a newbie where I was at least able to get 5 issues a day no problem.