New Release: Tech Gian Issue 012 (October 1997)

kitsunebi

I bet this has been downloaded a hundred times but no-one else wants to "Like" it due to the moral implications   :D

No where near 100 yet, but thank you for the "like."  It's a tiny thing that only takes a second, but it's surprising how few people are gracious enough to do it.

As an example, take a previous upload of mine, Famitsu #169.  Currently it has 121 downloads.  Of those 121 people, only 2 took that 1 second to click the "like" button.  Of course, I suppose the other 119 may have been disappointed with my scan?

As a one-time experiment, in my previous upload, Famitsu #170, I included a note at the bottom asking people to click the "like" button if they appreciated the upload.  It worked a little, I suppose.  Out of 56 downloads, 4 people liked it.  A much higher percentage, at any rate.

I try to make a habit of liking anything I download (unless of course I'm not happy with the quality of it).  It just seems like common courtesy - if someone spent hours baking me a cake, I wouldn't just eat it and walk away without a word of thanks.

In some ways, just knowing that people are downloading the stuff you worked so hard on is thanks enough, but I can't deny that I also appreciate the fact that someone appreciated it enough to not only take 1 second to click the download button, BUT ALSO graciously donated one more second of their time to hit that other button.  So again, I humbly thank you for your two seconds :D

I hear you.

I've made a heap of EGM's and other magazines available recently over at OGM with hardly a "Like" in sight on my Retromags W.I.P page where I advertise them even though you can't get the issues here due to their being too recent for the sites year rules. Hell, that pretty much goes for every magazine release EXCEPT N64 Magazine to be honest where most all comments over at my site are "When are you going to release another one?" It's an unfortunate reality that unless you scan magazines yourself people don't understand or appreciate the time it takes to create them. Mostly though, everyone else is simply too rude to spend a minute writing "Thanks" in a comment box or clicking the "Like" box.