New Release: Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 77 (December 1995)

Sean697

This issue is the longest issue Iv'e done to date. Also of note this issue was scanned from a bagged copy so it is 100 percent complete. It includes at the end of the magazine a DKC2 stratagy guide, a mindscape advertising insert, and a 3DO poster. This also was my first poster. Enjoy.

• Like 3

Also the DKC2 strategy guide in this download, I accidentally packed in the cover twice. You can remove the the 1200 pixel version from your downloaded copy. (Change file name to .zip , delete the duplicate 1200 pixel high cover, rename file extension back to .cbz)

I'll upload the corrected version tomorrow.

Edited by Sean697

Very cool. That ad spread for DOOM is glorious.

Interesting interview with Steve Race saying he didn't want to bring Motor Toon to the west because it "looked juvenile" and "like Japanimation" as if those were disqualifying things. Besides it looks more like Roger Rabbit than anime. More likely it didn't come west because Sony recognized Wipeout was just going to plow right over it, and maybe that's what Race meant (nice name, btw).

Steve Race did alot right. But they were trying to position the PS as an edgy machine. But it often lead to some wrong thinking like this. That and having only 3D games for the most part early on.

I thought that Doom table of contents mural came out well too. Its one of my better joins Iv'e done. it helped of course being a brand new issue and debinding it.But seems like the adjacent pages on this mag lined up nicely and left little to no cutoff between images.

• Retromags Curator

Actually I might not have ever seen this one eighter. I was overseas at the time it was released. I was out of the country and isolated from all Media from Sept. 95 to February 96.

Note to self: Sean697 is possible special forces. Control urge to tease him at all times. :)

*huggles*

Areala

• Like 1

Note to self: Sean697 is possible special forces. Control urge to tease him at all times. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Lol. Actually I was on a submarine on deployment. Mail was a little spotty. I may not have gotten this issue.

Also the DKC2 strategy guide in this download, I accidentally packed in the cover twice. You can remove the the 1200 pixel version from your downloaded copy. (Change file name to .zip , delete the duplicate 1200 pixel high cover, rename file extension back to .cbz)

I'll upload the corrected version tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for scanning this issue. Was the corrected version uploaded already?

• Retromags Curator

Lol. Actually I was on a submarine on deployment. Mail was a little spotty. I may not have gotten this issue.

Further note to self: Sean697 may be able to breathe water and swim like a shark. Do not provoke him and attempt oceanic evasion. Chances of success near zero. :)

*huggles*

Areala

I've never really known why the 95-97 era EGMs were so hard to find, but for me they've always been. Hard to find in libraries, hard to find on Ebay, hard to find even in stores back in the day. The magazine had a relatively garish, sloppy and disorganized appearance back then which makes it probably my least-favorite epoch of the publication, but since these issues were so hard to come by (and since they're so new to me now) I find them to be a fascinating addition to the collection. It's stuff like this that makes the site so great!

• Like 1