Looking for a magazine

ConcordJellyJam

I had an issue of a magazine in the 90s, I think it was Electronic Gaming Monthly, that I'd like to read again for nostalgia. I remember a few things about it. There was a fan mail section where someone at the magazine answered letters. The guy went by the name of Swami Gabe. I don't think he was the regular fan mail guy but he did it for that issue. There was a contest where readers could submit ideas for a new video game and one of the submissions was for a game called the three zodiacs. I remember that because the reader had drawn a picture of a Viking with an ax and horned helmet. I'm pretty sure it was a small child who thought Vikings were called zodiacs. There were a number of adverts that caught my eye as well.

1.An ad for Lemmings with several guys standing on a staircase all with green hair and a news paper under their arm.

2. An ad for Gex that showed a close up of someone's mouth with chewed up bugs in their teeth.

3. An ad for Killer Instinct on Gameboy that showed several packages of ground beef with various killer instinct characters names on the packages. Also a butcher was holding another ground beef package that contained the killer instinct game cartridge rather than ground beef.

I could probably remember more if needed. I'd really like to find this issue because when I had it I was young and didn't have any other game magazines so I'd read it over and over again. Sure would be nice to take a little trip down memory lane.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could help you, dude, but I haven't a clue. Swami Gabe almost sounds like a GamePro name, but I don't think they had any specific editors (at least any named ones) handling the letter/fan mail section. All I can do is suggest that you look through magazines online from the N64 time period. At the very least, there are quite a few GamePros and EGMs on the web. Even if you don't find what you're looking for, maybe you'll still find something interesting!

• 2 weeks later...