Crystal Pepsi

Phillyman

Man I liked this stuff. It wasn't anything new because it was basically Sprite but it was a neat idea.

It's also strange how something as simple as a font and a logo can bring back memories of a bygone era. I like how you can sort of guess what decade something is from by the font used on the packaging.

Speaking of retro-soda's, I miss my Mountain Dew Pitch Black. Probably a good thing because I used to drink it all the time.

It just pisses me off to no end that they give me this other trash. Voltage, Game Fuel, Etc. add nauseum...but for the life of me they will not bring back the Pitch black. This world NEEDS a Mountain Dew that is flavored grape. Not Fu Fu Berry or freaking Watermelon tapioca....just grape.

Bring back Pitch Black - /end rant

It just pisses me off to no end that they give me this other trash. Voltage, Game Fuel, Etc. add nauseum...but for the life of me they will not bring back the Pitch black. This world NEEDS a Mountain Dew that is flavored grape. Not Fu Fu Berry or freaking Watermelon tapioca....just grape.

Bring back Pitch Black - /end rant

Watermelon tapioca? Oh my god, I just barfed. And died a little bit inside, I think.

image_jonessoda_2003_bottles1.jpg

Watermelon tapioca? Oh my god, I just barfed. And died a little bit inside, I think.

image_jonessoda_2003_bottles1.jpg

I try those Jones sodas every year....and every year I swear I won't do it again. Just something deep inside of me thinks there a meal in a drink is just next-gen type stuff. I mean that is one step closer to the food machine from Star Trek and we ALL want one of those.

P.S. The turkey is freaking awful.

• 5 years later...

a buddy pointed this out to me yesterday. i don't think i can possibly be more excited.

as a 10ish year old, i LOVED crystal pepsi. and then it was just gone. i have legitimately been waiting for this day for 20+ years.

• 2 months later...
  • Retromags Curator

Maybe your Pepsi already had that weird after taste that all Pepsi seems to have now. In my part of Ontario where I spent most of my time growing up, Pepsi tasted great. It had a refreshing, clean taste. After I moved to Montreal in 2000, I noticed the Pepsi there had this weird after taste that I wasn't used to. And it wasn't just me. I had someone I knew from the Maritimes try it, and they noticed the weird taste. And I brought some back home for people to try, and they also noticed it. Even my friend in Michigan noticed it. Sadly, it now all tastes like that. The exception was the first round of Pepsi Throwback that came out with the old fashioned logo and the blue cans/labels, The second round of Throwback with the 70s/80s logo had that weird after taste, but not as strong as regular Pepsi.